By Joey Natividad, Bicol Today
(UPDATE) SEVEN (7) new COVID-19 infections in Naga City, Camarines Sur were reported on Sunday, June 28, these adding up the Saturday report of 3 positive cases, and the 2 positive cases on Wednesday.
Within a period of five days, from June 24 to June 28, Naga City has 12 active cases of COVID-19.
On Sunday, June 28, 2020, the Department of Health Center for Health Development (DOH CHD) – Bicol officially reported seven (7) new confirmed cases of COVID-19.
While in the Bicol Region, the total number of COVID-19 confirmed cases recorded are now one hundred eight (108). Active cases are twenty-nine (29).
All seven (7) new cases are from Naga City, and had exposures to patients with local codes Bicol#91 & Bicol#92, both residents of Spillway, Concepcion Pequeña, Naga City.
A day before, Saturday, new cases of COVID Bicol#100 & Bicol#101 had also exposures to Bicol#91 & Bicol#92.
Meanwhile, another reported new case on Saturday, a uniformed personnel from Canaman, Camarines Sur, is also a resident of Naga City Subdivision, Naga City.
All are now confined at the Bicol Medical Center, Naga City.
The latest 7 COVID positive cases in Naga City are:
• Bicol#102 – a 23 year old Filipino female
• Bicol#103 (Painter) – a 22-year old Filipino male
• Bicol#104 (Private Employee) – a 26-year old Filipino female
• Bicol#105 (Laborer) – a 59-year old Filipino male
• Bicol#106 (Laborer) – a 33-year old Filipino male
• Bicol#107 (Housewife) – a 22-year old Filipino female
• Bicol#108 (Private Employee) – a 26-year old Filipino male
DOH CHD-Bicol said all patients, except Bicol#105, are asymptomatic.
Bicol#105 first experienced symptoms Sunday, June 28, 2020. All are quarantined.
The Naga City Health Team facilitated swabbing of all patients.
The 7 persons with COVID-19 infections had contact with Bicol#91 & Bicol#92.