By Perfecto Raymundo
MANILA, 15July2013 – The Department of Justice will provide security to Benhur Luy, the whistle blower in the alleged P10-billion pork barrel scam.
Justice Secretary Leila M. De Lima Monday said she had previously talked to Luy through his lawyer and he was then offered protection under the Witness Protection Program.
However, De Lima said, both the lawyer and his client refused the offer.
Nevertheless, De Lima said, with the issue heating up in the media, she will again offer Luy to be placed under the coverage of the WPP to ensure his safety.
De Lima added even the family of Luy will also be included in the WPP coverage because his siblings were also forging signatures and documents themselves to collect money from the pork barrel fund from some lawmakers.
Luy was a former employee of Janet Lim Napoles of the JLN Corporation who is the alleged “brains” behind the P10-billion pork barrel scam. (PNA)