MANILA, 29June2013 (PNA) – The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council Saturday revealed that bad weather caused by Tropical Storm Gorio has hit the 6,572 mark.
Most of those stranded are in Bicol, Cebu and Samar.
The NDRRMC said these included 1,701 in Sorsogon, 469 in Albay, 77 in Camarines Sur, 66 in Masbate and 32 in Catanduanes.
In Visayas, 1,625 were stranded in Cebu, while 1,718 were stranded in Catbalogan.
Also, the NDRRMC said 49 vessels, 63 rolling cargoes and 13 motor boats were stranded.
Several roads in Eastern Visayas were impassable, including:
– Barangay San Pablo, Naval, Biliran (soil erosion)- Barangay Capokpok, Tabango, Leyte (flooding).
While power was tripped at:
– Palanas Cara-Catarman 69KV Line, Northern Samar, restored 6:25 a.m.
– Catarman-Allen 69KV line, parts of Northern Samar, restored 6:51 a.m.
– Catarman-Bobolosan 69KV line, parts of Northern Samar
– Wright-Taft-Borongan-McArthur 69KV line, Eastern Samar. (PNA)