NPA probes “Sorsogon Clash”: No encounter occurred; 2 NPAs, 2 civilians captured, then executed by State troops | BICOL TODAY

NPA probes “Sorsogon Clash”: No encounter occurred; 2 NPAs, 2 civilians captured, then executed by State troops

BICOLTODAY.COM PHOTO

By Bicol Today News Team

SORSOGON CITY – The “Sorsogon clash” on July 28 Friday was not an encounter between AFP soldiers and NPA fighters, but a massacre, the NPA command here insisted Tuesday.

The NPA Celso Minguez Command (NPA-CMC) operating here in Sorsogon Province said the 2 slain NPAs, Andres “Ka Magno” Hubilla and Miguel “Ka Billy” Himor, were already captured unarmed and then executed by State troopers.

The two civilians caught in the military operation were also executed.

“Hors d’ combat”

“Hubilla and Himor were considered as ‘hors d’combat’ and they should be captured alive and not executed,” NPA-CMC insisted, a statement sent Tuesday by internet.

The alleged encounter happened Friday early morning, July 28, at Sitio Namoro, Barangay Trece Martires, Casuguran when elements of SPPSC (Sorsogon Police Public Safety Coy), MICO-PA, 31st IBPA and 22nd IBPA allegedly launched an “assault” on the hut where the two were staying.

By international rules on the conduct of war as defined by Geneva protocol, “hors d’combat”, a French word, refers to soldiers who are wounded, disabled, captured, unarmed, incapable or losing ability to fight. Thus, they are spared from farther harm, and when taken as “prisoner-of-war”, they are accorded respect of human rights worthy to maintain their dignity.

Captured, then executed

The NPA group said their investigation had revealed that Hubilla had managed to flee about 200 meters from the hut where State troops were attacking, but he was captured unarmed, his short firearm left behind in the hut.

“Hubilla was executed when troops of Military Intelligence Company (MICO) identified him during his capture,” said NPA-CMC.

On the case of Himor and the two civilians left inside the hut, the three were captured alive but they were all shot dead,” said the NPA command.

The two civilians were Arnel Borres and Dick Laura.

NPA-CMC admitted Hubilla was a cadre while Himor was a red fighter who was carrying a short firearm that day.

Fake news

The group also lambasted the AFP of concocting the idea of an “encounter” and their false reporting that “30 NPA rebels had been in the vicinity on that Friday “clash”.

“The AFP violated the Comprehensive Agreement on Respect for Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law, both signed in 1998 by the Philippine Government (GRP) and the National Democratic Front (NDFP), an agreement binding on both sides.

Posted by on August 4, 2017. Filed under Bicol News,Top Stories. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *