By BicolToday.com staff
LEGAZPI CITY, 27Feb2017 (BicolToday.com) – “Before year 2018 ends, you will be deprived of tricycle and jeepney for your work and will suffer in debts because of expensive E-trikes.”
This was the statement of Vince Casilihan of Bayan-Bicol after Mayor John Bongat of Naga City declared that the city will not be issuing any class and/or work suspension advisory in connection with the transport strike today.
According to Casilihan, the city is pushing for E-trike as alternative in transportation but not viable for poor drivers and operators.
He encourages them and the commuters in Naga City to join the transport strike today.
“To commuters, the fare will be more expensive, from Php 8.00 to Php 20.00,” Casilihan asserted that the possible fare hike will burden the commuters.
According to Bongat, the leaders of Naga City transport groups have decided not to participate in the nationwide strike.
Even leaders from Outbound and inbound buses and vans will not be suspending their operations.
However, some jeepney groups plying outside Naga City will be joining the transport strike.
School administrators was advised that it is their discretion to suspend classes on February 27 or grant consideration to affected non-Naga residents for non attendance, in case of non-suspension.
Meanwhile, not all jeepney operators in Sorsogon will join the strike.
However, the Sorsogon Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (PDRRMO) directed all Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Offices (MDRRMOs) to ready their facilities for securing the transportation of affected commuters.
According to Bayan-Bicol, 1500 Jeepney drivers and operators in Bicol will join the strike, bus,tricycle and van not yet included.
“We are expecting 90% paralysis,” Casilihan said.
Condor-Piston Bicol and Bayan-Bicol established Mass Action Centers for discussions and protests. [BicolToday.com]
The designated area are the following:
1. Infront of Petron,Centro Daraga- MAIN MASS ACTION CENTER
2. Infront of Aquinas University, Rawis, Legazpi City
3. Beside Divine Word College of Legazpi
4. Beside Shell, Sto. Cristo, Daraga
5. Beside Rusi, Banag,Daraga
6. Overpass MORMS, Guinobatan
7. Crossing Sabluyon Road, Ligao City
9. Brgy. Bascaran, Daraga
1. Alice Bridge, Sorsogon City-MAIN MASS ACTION CENTER
2. Crossing Brgy. Pangpang
3. Brgy. Baribag
4. Crossing Abuyog
5. Grand Terminal, Brgy. Balogo
1. Masbate City Terminal- MAIN MASS ACTION CENTER
2. Brgy. Buenavista, Uson
3. Poblacion, Cawayan
4. Poblacion, Ezperanza
5. Poblacion, Pio V. Corpuz
1. Plaza Quinze Martirez, Naga City- MAIN MASS ACTION CENTER
2. Crossing Diversion near Petron, Pili
3. Andaya Park, Ragay
4. Brgy. Tara, Sipocot
1. Elevated Plaza, Daet- MAIN MASS ACTION CENTER
2. Crossing Tabugon, Sta. Elena
3. Crossing Brgy. Bagong Silang 1, Labo
4. Crossing Brgy Talobatib, Labo
5. Poblacion Labo
6. Infront of Jalgalado Terminal, Daet
7. Before Daet Elementary, Daet
8. Poblacion Basud
1. Virac Freedom Park
2. Hilera ang Tricycle Virac Boulevard ikot sa Capitol and Virac Market